Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tribute to Hal


This is me with my buddy Hal. This picture was taken after the league championship game. He beat me, but he faced only 17 shots compared to my 43. Hal and I have played together for 8 years. That first season he was a forward, but he converted himself to a goalie the next season. With a little coaching and Hal’s completive spirit he adapted to the position quite well. It’s been a fun time but this was last because he is moving to Colorado this summer.
Little did I know when I met Hal in 2001 that we would become great friends. I met him at church (he is my pastor) and his first words to me were “You are bald enough to be part of this church”. We’ve shared ice time, laughs and tears together. Hal has helped me more in my spiritual journey than I have helped him in his ‘goalie’ journey.
For everyone who knows him, Hal is a great guy who loves Jesus, his family, his church and hockey, in that order. Hal will be missed both on the ice and off the ice. Hal if you read this, I want you to know that you are loved and that God has new friends for you to meet in Colorado – ‘Keep your stick on the ice.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home