Friday, September 19, 2008

The Glove

“The Glove”
That’s what they call me at work, it’s a long story, but that’s what blogs are for.
First, some background. It started with my supervisor. He is big sports fan. He played with the Cornhuskers when they were winning National championships. Now he’s back in his home state. He’s very sharp intellectually but he is also a fun guy who likes playing practical jokes on people.
His brother-in-law plays hockey in the same league I play in. Last year I gloved a shot that the brother-in-law thought was a sure goal. After my supervisor heard about this incident, be started calling me ‘The Glove’, because it fits with what I do. I’m a Software Quality Assurance Analyst (a. k. a. ‘tester’). SQA people have the responsibility of “protecting production”. This is very similar to “protecting the net”, thus I got branded ‘The Glove’ or just ‘Glove’.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mister Ed T said...

Interesting!
season startrd yrt
/

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home